February 17 marks one of the most important, yet overlooked, days of the year— Random Acts of Kindness Day!
We should treat each day like it’s Random Acts of Kindness Day by treating others with understanding and compassion, then this world would be a better place.
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to make a small difference in someone's life, whether a close friend or a perfect stranger, you will definitely brighten someone’s day with one or more of these random acts of kindness.
- Pay for the coffee or food of the person behind you in the drive-through.
- Offer to help an elderly neighbour or a first responder with lawn care.
- Bring doughnuts for your co-workers.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Make dinner for a friend.
- Leave a love note for your significant other.
- Help someone carry their groceries.
- Donate books to your local Library.
- Let someone into traffic.
- Make your family’s favourite meal.
- Donate your clothes to a local non-profit or a friend in need.
- Buy your friend a book they’ve wanted to read.
- Plant a tree.
- Return someone’s grocery cart for him or her.
- Write a glowing review for a restaurant you love.
- Tip extra—bonus happy points for leaving a nice note with it.
- Send extra school supplies to your kids’ teachers.
- Tell someone how much you care!